‘Kill All N******’: violent, racist graffiti appears on bus stop in Leeds

Violent, racist graffiti calling for the murder of black people appeared on a Leeds bus stop over the weekend.

A member of the public spotted the racist graffiti which included the statements “Kill all n******,” “F*** BLM,” and a Nazi swastika on a bus stop in the Selby Rd area of the city.

They reported the graffiti to West Yorkshire Police and to Tell MAMA, and consented to have the information shared anonymously.

Weeks earlier, Tell MAMA reported how a racist targeted a Muslim family in Leeds, coughing on them and saying “there you go” before walking off, on September 25.

The discovery of the shocking racist graffiti coincides with the launch of National Hate Crime Awareness Week, which aims is to bring people together in solidarity against hate crime in all its forms, and Tell MAMA is proud to support the cause and stand against all forms of racism, hatred, and bigotry.

Members of the public can submit hate crime reports online through True Vision, or in some cases, forces like Police Scotland, the Police Service of Northern Ireland (PSNI) and the Metropolitan Police use their own online reporting forms. To find your nearest police force, use the Police.UK website.

Anonymous crime reports can be made to Crimestoppers online or over the phone on 0800 555 111.

Third-party support services like Tell MAMA, can report incidents to the police or offer their own confidential support, for individuals and witnesses, and in non-criminal matters like discrimination.

A list of third-party services which support a range of communities is available here.

In an emergency dial 999 and in a non-emergencies, dial 101.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The post ‘Kill All N******’: violent, racist graffiti appears on bus stop in Leeds appeared first on TELL MAMA.

Categories: Black Lives Matter, Leeds, News, West Yorkshire Police

European Parliament member in Greek court for criminal trial

A member of the European Parliament has appeared in court in Greece after being convicted of being a leading member of a criminal organisation along with members of the far-right Golden Dawn party.

Ioannis Lagos, who faces up to 15 years in prison, travelled from Brussels to Athens to attend the sentencing hearings. He made a formal request for the three judges trying the case to be replaced.

Lagos told the court: “I believe that there is a prevailing bias against the defendants and that the judges involved in the case came under direct and indirect pressure from the political establishment.”

Lagos and 17 other former Greek parliament members from Golden Dawn were convicted last week of leading a criminal organisation, or simple membership, and face sentences of between five and 15 years in prison.

Dozens of other Golden Dawn members and associates were also convicted of numerous offences, from murder and violent assaults against immigrants to perjury.

Presiding judge Maria Lepenioti said mitigating circumstances would be granted to four former MPs and 10 other convicted members on grounds of age, expressions of remorse, and lack of prior convictions. Leniency was not recognised for Lagos or six other former parliament members considered to be leaders of the organisation.

Golden Dawn was founded as a Neo-Nazi group in the 1980s but saw a surge in popularity during the recent financial crisis, gaining parliamentary representation between 2012 and 2019.

The five-year trial was launched following the 2013 murder of rap singer and left-wing activist Pavlos Fyssas, who was stabbed to death by a Golden Dawn supporter.

Hundreds of protesters, many from left-wing groups and labour unions, gathered outside the court and chanted “smash the fascists in every neighbourhood”.

Police banned a rally planned by supporters of Golden Dawn. Sentences are expected to be announced later on Monday unless the judges are replaced.


Read more: Manchester bomb plotter held in jail within extremism separation unit

The post European Parliament member in Greek court for criminal trial appeared first on Faith Matters.

Categories: European Parliament Member, far right extremism, Golden Dawn, Greece, Ioannis Lagos, News

Osama Bin Laden’s Spokesman, Adel Abdel Bary, Cannot Just Walk Into the U.K.

The Times is reporting that Bin Laden’s former spokesperson, Adel Abdel Bary, is about to be released from the United States, after serving 21 years in jail after being convicted for his part in the terror attacks on US embassies in Kenya and Tanzania. 224 people were killed in these attacks and over 5,000 people were injured in the 1998 bombings that shook East Africa and spiralled it into becoming a theatre of operations for Islamist terrorists in the region.

Bary’s son, Abdel-Majed Abdel, was recently arrested in Spain after travelling to Syria to fight for the so-called Islamic State, and posing with the severed head of a soldier in the Assad regime. Abdel was detained with two other men in Almeria and Spanish police subsequently tweeted out that he was “one of Europe’s most wanted Daesh foreign terrorist fighters”.

Bary’s imminent release and return means that he cannot be placed under Terrorist Prevention and Investigation Measures (TPIMs) and he is being released on compassionate grounds, given that he is 60 years of age, suffers from asthma and is overweight.

Bary sought and was granted asylum in 1990 after he claimed that he was tortured by the Mubarak regime at the time. Faith Matters has long stated that the root of the Islamist extremist problem that has blighted our nation came about because there was little understanding of Islamist extremist activists, groups and networks in the late 1980’s and 1990’s. This meant that many Islamist extremist leaders who were being persecuted by regimes such as those of Mubarak and Gaddafi, entered into the U.K. They entered like wolves into a sheep pen, further poisoning the minds of many young men and turning them against their own country.

Such individuals have fanned the flames of extremism in our country and internationally and whilst Bary has served his sentence in the US, we must ensure that his activities are monitored once he enters the U.K.

However, public patience with individuals convicted of terrorist related offences is running out and many will be asking why we cannot push the US to ensure that he serves out his full sentence. Sadly, the reality is that such an argument will go nowhere as US law authorities have deemed him eligible for release.

It therefore falls upon the Home Secretary to demonstrate the measures that the Home Office will put in place for Bary and future releases like his. Whilst he may have served out the majority of his 25 year sentence, there is no way that this former spokesperson for the one time most wanted terrorist in the world, can lead a life without observation from our security services. It is people like Bary who created the monster of Islamist extremism. That stain remains with them forever, even when they look like a grandad with little desire to harm anyone.

The post Osama Bin Laden’s Spokesman, Adel Abdel Bary, Cannot Just Walk Into the U.K. appeared first on Faith Matters.

Categories: Adel Abdel Bary, bombings, Islamist terrorism, Kenya and Tanzania bombings, News, Osama Bin Laden's Spokesman, terrorism, United States