Rami Malek Says He Asked for Reassurances Before Accepting James Bond Terrorist Character

Rami Malek said he sought assurances about his character in the upcoming James Bond film before taking the role.

The Oscar-winning actor, who is of Egyptian descent, revealed he spoke with director Cary Fukunaga and asked if the terrorist he had been asked to play had any religious affiliations.

Only when Malek was told religion would play no part did he sign up for the as-yet-untitled film.

Speaking to the Mirror, he said: “It’s a great character and I’m very excited. But that was one thing that I discussed with Cary.

“I said, ‘We cannot identify him with any act of terrorism reflecting an ideology or a religion. That’s not something I would entertain, so if that is why I am your choice then you can count me out’.

“But that was clearly not his vision. So he’s a very different kind of terrorist.

“It’s another extremely clever script from the people who have figured out exactly what people want in those movies.”

Malek, who won the best actor Academy Award in February for his portrayal of Freddie Mercury in Queen biopic Bohemian Rhapsody, will star in Bond 25 alongside Daniel Craig, who will reprise his role as 007.

Also appearing in the film are Lashana Lynch and Ana De Armas, who are new to the franchise, while Ralph Fiennes, Naomie Harris and Ben Whishaw are all returning.

The film, set for release in April next year, has been plagued by issues during filming.

A “controlled explosion” damaging the outside of the famous 007 Stage at Pinewood Studios in Buckinghamshire left a crew member suffering a “minor injury”.

And Craig, 51, underwent “minor ankle surgery” after injuring himself during filming in Jamaica.

The post Rami Malek Says He Asked for Reassurances Before Accepting James Bond Terrorist Character appeared first on TELL MAMA.

Categories: James Bond, News, Remi Malek, terrorism

White Supremacist Youth in Court Accused of Plotting to Spark a ‘Race War’

An alleged white supremacist has appeared in court accused of plotting an act of terror in a bid to bring about a race war.

The 16-year-old boy, who cannot be named because of his age, was allegedly caught with a shopping list for a Molotov cocktail when he was arrested on March 13.

The teenager, from Durham, appeared at Westminster Magistrates’ Court in London on Wednesday charged with six terror offences.

Prosecutors allege he is a white supremacist who believes in the need for violence to bring about a race war.

Wearing blue jeans and a black jacket, he stood outside the dock next to his father to confirm his name, date of birth, address and that his nationality is white British.

He is charged with one count of engaging in preparation of an act of terrorism between October 10 2017 and March 13.

The charge, under section 5 of the Terrorism Act 2006, says his planning included reading extreme right-wing ideological texts, searching for synagogues and trying to secure ammonium nitrate.

It also alleges he began drafting the “Manual for practical and sensible guerrilla warfare against kike system in the Durham City area”, searched for material on firearms, explosives, ammunition and weapons, and engaged in sexual touching of a minor as a “desensitisation technique”.

The youth faces one count of disseminating a terrorist publication, called “DIY Firearms, Modification and Ammunition”, and one count of possessing an article for terrorist purposes – a handwritten note of Molotov cocktail ingredients.

He is further charged with three counts of possession of information useful in the preparation of an act of terrorism, including electronic documents entitled “The Big Book of Mischief”, “Making of Ricin” and “Homemade C4”.

He is also charged with sexually touching a child under the age of 13.

The post White Supremacist Youth in Court Accused of Plotting to Spark a ‘Race War’ appeared first on Faith Matters.

Categories: Act of terrorism, News, Race War, White Supremacist